Each year Crittenton Services conducts a holiday gift drive known as The Angel Tree Program that collects holiday donations from October to early December.
Last year alone individual donors, community partners, and corporate sponsors provided holiday gifts for more than 500 children and their families located throughout Southern California that are using the services of the following Crittenton programs: the Short-Term Residential Treatment Center, the Family Preservation Program, the Outpatient Mental Health Services Division, the Teen Mom and Baby Program, the Foster Care Program, and the Transitional Age Youth Program.
It is through the generosity of those who contribute to Crittenton’s Annual Angel Tree gift drive that allows us to meet the demonstrated need of the youth and families in our care during the holiday season.
Crittenton’s Angel Tree Program also serves as an opportunity for anyone to start a connection with our mission.
So, if you have some extra time this holiday season why not be a part of creating some holiday magic for the youth and families that need our help the most.
There are a number of ways to help and know that 100 percent of all Crittenton Angel Tree donations goes directly to the children and families using the services of our various programs.
Each Christmas wish is specifically requested by the youth or families requesting to participate in the gift drive, therefore, it’s important to us to fulfill as many wishes as possible.
We need all the helpful elves we can get this year….and that elf can be you!
Angel Tree Gift Drive:
- Gift price value range is typically from $5 to $40 per item (fulfilling multiple “wishes” is always appreciated).
- Donors interested in helping can connect with our offices and request an “Angel Tree tag”, purchase the gift request to fulfill the “wish”, gift wrap and attach the “Angel Tree tag” to the gift, and deliver the gift to our headquarters offices.
- New and wrapped gifts need to be delivered to our headquarters office by Friday, December 13,2019 (to meet Christmas delivery schedule).
Holiday Gift Card Drive:
- Gift card value range from $20 to $100 is needed.
- From Big Box stores (Wal-mart, Target, Amazon, Big Lots, Kmart, 99 Cents, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar); Retail stores (Macy’s, Kohls, JC Penny, Sears); Grocery stores (Food 4 Less, Ralphs, Vons, Albertson’s, Stater Bros., Smart & Final).
- Donors interested in helping with our gift card drive can connect with our offices to inquire what gift cards are urgently needed and in what value amounts.
- Mail or personally deliver gift card by Friday, December 13, 2019 (to meet Christmas delivery schedule).
Holiday Family Baskets:
- Gift/laundry baskets filled with basic living necessity items can be arranged for a young adult or a family of four currently enrolled in our programs. Approximate gift basket value in previous years has been between $75 to $100.
- Baskets should be filled with new and unused in-kind donations from the following categories: cookware, dinnerware, bedroom linens, towels, cleaning supplies, laundry products, bathroom items, personal hygiene items, or small kitchen appliances.
- Donors interested in helping will need to connect with our offices to inquire what household goods or daily living necessities are urgently needed.
- Please assemble and deliver holiday gift baskets to our headquarters office by Friday, December 13, 2019 (to meet Christmas delivery schedule).
Holiday Stocking Sponsorship:
- We are fortunate that many donors have already given handmade stockings for our youth to receive on Christmas morning. However, we still need help in filling holiday stockings with our kids’ favorite treats and items!
- Donors interested in helping to purchase items to fill the holiday stockings can connect with our offices for a list of favorite candy or special trinkets needed to customize the stockings.
- Please deliver holiday stocking donations to our headquarters office by Friday, December 13, 2019 (to meet Christmas morning delivery schedule).
- Monetary donations will also be kindly accepted! All cash or check donations will be used specifically to purchase any last-minute Angel Tree wishes that need to be fulfilled.
- Interested donors that would like to write a check please make it payable to Crittenton Services with the memo marked “Christmas Crew”. You can mail or personally deliver checks donations to our offices to the attention of Beverly Berryman.
For Further Information and to Help the Angel Tree Program:
- Phone: 714-680-9000 ext. 9022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mail or personally deliver all holiday related donations to our headquarters office:
Attn: Beverly Berryman
801 E. Chapman Ave. #203, Fullerton, CA. 92831
Crittenton Services for Children and Families of Southern California (CSCF) is a non-profit social services agency whose mission is to heal the wounds of abuse and neglect; strengthen families; and help troubled adolescents reach their full potential. Established and incorporated in 1966 Crittenton has a highly trained workforce operating 24 hours a day / 7 days a week providing comprehensive mental health services, shelter care, and other support services to the clients in our care. We provide a full array of short-term residential services, in-home, community-based programming, wraparound family services, outpatient mental health, transitional age youth programming, foster care, and adoption services with a service planning area throughout Southern California that covers Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties.